Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/40/d238947241/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/paged-comments/paged-comments.php on line 31
Amended Complaint Filed Today In Lawsuit Against SGM Churches - SGM Survivors

Amended Complaint Filed Today In Lawsuit Against SGM Churches

I don’t have a copy of the filing yet, but once I do, I’ll post it.  From what sources say, what has been added to the complaint is “shocking.”

60 comments to Amended Complaint Filed Today In Lawsuit Against SGM Churches

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All

1. formersgmer
    January 14th, 2013 at 10:14 am

As of yesterdat afternoon, the Fairfax church has left SGM. 419 votes in favor of leaving out of a total of 491 votes.

2. Kraftig
    January 14th, 2013 at 10:30 am

JM & kmack 45 and 46.

This is part of what baffles me about my friends and family at FFX. All this gushing about learning curve? Learning curve? This isn’t about sequencing the human genome — it’s plain old right and wrong, common sense, and behaving like a Christian. There is a huge cringe-worthy disconnect when grown men — formerly in total, infallible, unquestioned control over the people — now admit they have no idea what they’re doing, “but we’re learning!” You should be a little bit disturbed that your pastors are “learning” how to not be bad. This learning curve bit smells a little like a cover up to avoid addressing one of two things:

1) These guys really DID know just how terribly they were behaving (maybe even had just a bit of unidentifiable guilt in the conscience) and did nothing about it until the wheels fell off. Or;

2) They really had no clue and thought that was the way to do God’s work.

There really isn’t much room for another explanation. But, either circumstance spells gross incompetence. The former severe lacking in character, the latter severe lacking in discernment and wisdom.

3. Moniker
    January 14th, 2013 at 11:52 am

Thought I’d mosey on over to the SGC Louisville website to see what’s going on. Guess what the title of the sermon CJ delivered yesterday was – “Better Than I Deserve”. I almost barfed all over my keyboard.

4. just saying...
    January 14th, 2013 at 11:59 am

I think it is completely true.

He is doing better than he deserves.

The worst sinner we know comes to mind, too.

5. Concerned for the kids
    January 14th, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Caught a history channel special yesterday from 2007 about cults and the surrounding dynamics. I was floored when they described cult leaders, and said that they typically come from a messed up background where they are not loved nor affirmed, usually told most of yheir life they are bad or worth nothing, and turn into narcissists seeking to fill that hole. They create power structures where they are able to control everything, and the sermons are usually focused on self-realized issues. In other words, the stuff they beat over and over again is either projection or born out of the messed up past experience.

I just found many aspects of the show disturbing because there were numerous points where I saw striking similarity to PDI/SGM and CJs history. Way more than I expected, even with the prior knowledge that SGM exhibits cult like tendencies.

I am only halfway through the show (DVR) and really surprised, shocked almost.

6. Somewhereintime
    January 14th, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Where is the amended complaint???

7. Guy
    January 14th, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I have a copy of it and will post soon

8. Sick With Worry
    January 14th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

At this point, if that was the title of CJ’s sermon, I think it is safe to assume that he is messing with us. I mean, that is too funny to be delusion and pride on his part. I think he has pulled a great prank on us by preaching that sermon.

9. Formersgmer
    January 14th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Grace church in San Diego is now gone

10. Somewhereintime
    January 14th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Only a narcasistic psychopath can do what he is doing. They seek worth and recognition from their peers. They use others as a means to their own gratification and often dump those who no longer suit their needs. They take and never give unless it helps them to get something that they want. They have little to no care or feelings to what they actually do to others.

CJ Mahaney is a narcasistic psychopath. He has a mental illness and he needs help.

Will those around him help him? No. Psychopaths get rid of those that keep them from their desires. Brent Detwiler was one. Dave Harvey ran in to it as well and has left SGM leadership. It has happened to dozens of others. Those remaining have seen this. This is why people like John Loftness and Mickey Connolley follow him. John does it I believe because he knows he’d be on a sidewalk in a second with no job. Connolley does it because I think he has the same mental issues as Mahaney and CJ will help him get to where he wants to go.

CJ can say whatever he wants or preach whatever he wants without thought of what he has actually done because of this mental illness. What he does is not normal. It’s not just pride. It’s a disease and he needs help.

Pray for him. Whatever you do though, RUN AWAY from him. Don’t follow him. It’s not about Jesus. It’s about CJ Mahaney.

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All